[VAC] Re: Find that blower!

I've not had good results with mixtures. Sometimes oil mixtures (and
that includes mixing new with old) turn to glue. STP motor honey I'd be
most wary of in that sort of mix. That's why I'm sticking with the
Electric Motor Oil... Its available in small containers in good hardware
stores, I just spotted my can, sold by Sears.

One time I mixed good teletype oil with some ancient oil in the gear box
of a Conn Chromatic Strobo tuner. In a year it gummed up those fine
toothed gears, stalled the special synchronous motor, and wiped the
motor out. While a school paid me to fix it again, I had to have the
motor rewound, and had to disassemble that gear box and manually clean
every tooth of 13 gear sets, each consisting of a 100 tooth and a 129
tooth gear, about 64 pitch.

Gerald J.