[VAC] Re: Structural loading / aircraft flooring

Bob,
 Interestingly, I read a fella's web site a year or 2 ago where he
replaced his (non-A/S) trailer's furnace with a regular RV water heater,
a pump, and an automotive heater core with a fan. He claimed that he
used less gas and less electricity than he did with his conventional
furnace. He also claimed that he got better heat distribution, even
though he had only the single heat source; the heater core w/fan,
mounted in a cardboard box. (IIRC) He was camped on the West Coast where
there were steady, cold winds, temps down to about freezing, maybe a bit
below.

If you're going to replace the axles, look at going with Air Ride units.
You don't need to reinvent the wheel, either, an outfit sells them
complete. The ones they sell are meant to replace the Dexter, et. al.
axles with leaf springs, but could no doubt be adapated to an A/S. This
setup would also allow you to change the ride height of the trailer for
serious back-country travel vs. expressway. They also sell an air hitch,
but I think only for 5'ers. There IS an air-ride hitch for TTs, however.

                                        <<Jim>>