[VAC] Re: tankless water heaters - more

I usually agree with Jim Dunmyer, because he is a "No nonsense,
practical , kind of guy."   Two of our members in the WDCU, have
installed the Precision Temp 500, RV tankless  heater.  They got them
directly from the factory, with special stainless steel covers.  The
installation is a little complicated, and you should know a little about
plumbing in order to get it to fit.  The finished product has been a
flawless performer.  Endless hot water, for long showers.  These heaters
were very popular with the "Horsey" set.  Through bred horses, love long
showers with warm water.  A long warm shower after a big workout, set
the horse at ease, and made for a good training regimen.  You still need
a hose bib, and good pressure, but most fairgrounds and campgrounds give
you good pressure.  For one or two people, that tankless heater, is
overkill, unless you are rabid, for looong, leisurely, showers.  It is
about $650 plus installation.  I have a 6 gallon Attwood, in my Bambi,
and it is more than adequate for my needs.  I can take a long, hot
shower, and it recovers, quickly.   If you have 3 or 4 kids, and a wife
that likes long, hot showers, maybe you need one.  The precision Temp
500 is a good one, designed for RV's, and horse trailers, and rugged
use.  It is solid, but pricey.

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman
Washington DC Unit,  WBCCI   #3221