[VAC] Re: Accumulator Tanks

Jim,

Thanks for the info.  I have owned the trailer since Oct. 94 and discovered
the accumulator (with bladder) some time later.  I always thought it wasn't
charged with air because the pump always cycled.  A couple of weeks ago,
while inflating the tires before a trip I remembered the accumulator and
added air.  The pump cycled less but it seemed to overload the pump.  As a
matter of fact, the pressure may have damaged the pump because it would shut
off after running a while as if suffering from a thermal overload.  So I am
not sure what advantage my accumulator is providing.  Any ideas?

Harvey