[VAC] full-timing with a vintage A/S

Hi Jill Hari,

For the last 11 years, we've been exploring the continent with a Vintage Airstream ('67 22'), a
"soon to be" Vintage Airstream ('77 31') and a "too good a deal to pass up" Airstream ('86 32'). Our
most recent purchase is a 1963 22' Flying Cloud and restoration of it is continuing.

Our 1967 22' Safari Airstream (90% restored) is our most active summer Airstream. We've been using
it for local rallies with our boondockers group and for cross country trips. Buttttt....., it shrunk
on the Oregon Trail trip. By the 89th of 90 days we were ready for more space. If we had been full
timing in this rig, the 90th day would have included renting a motel suite (with pool) for a week
and using the Airstream as our suit case.

The amount of space available for our bodies to maneuver conveniently in a 22' Airstream was more
than adequate for 60 days. But emotionally, day 60 to day 90 wasn't. If we were full timers in one
Airstream, we'd choose either of our larger Airstreams. Just for comparison purposes, Sandie is 5'
tall at 90 pounds and I'm 5'10" tall at 160 pounds. My point is this - consider how much space your
bodies need, BEFORE you buy your Airstream and start full timing with it.

Jill, on second thought, why don't you just go ahead and buy the '51 22' Flying Cloud? Who knows,
you might end up springing for a Vintage Rolls Royce Silver Cloud to tow it. I saw one (1963) today
in Palm Springs (always driven by a chauffeur) and was tempted (briefly) <grin>.

Take your time, have fun, don't take yourself too seriously and remember - the only usefulness of
money in this lifetime is how it can help you achieve your dreams and goals,

Terry

PS - Sorry about the delay in replying. We were in Death Valley last week and didn't search for an
email connection. Our Van's starter demanded immediate attention (again). NAPA came through with a
no cost replacement. The first replacement lasted 11 days and 22 starts.

Today (Thursday 08 March 01) is the 2nd of 4 days at the Riverside County - National Date Festival
Fairground in Palm Springs,CA. This is the last stop on our "East & West of the Colorado River
Caravan." Next stop is the Region XI Rally in Casa Grande, AZ and visiting with VAC members there.