[VAC] Full time Airstream

I'd simply like to add my 2 cents to Jill's search for an Airstream for fulltiming.  Personally, I wouldn't purchase anything that required extensive work, or one that didn't have the features I wanted and attempt to add what is considered important.  We just purchased a '75 Tradewind, 25ft, and I've already commented that I'd love to live full time in that unit, and simply pick up and go whenever the urge hits me.  This one is in very good condition, was a reasonable price, and is very comfortable.  And as for Jill's desire for a stand alone shower, this unit has one.  The rear bath has a toilet on the street side, a center sink, and a curb side shower.  Why purchase something that doesn't meet your personal standards, and then pump tons of money into it?  That isn't necessary, and with patience, a suitable unit can be found.  Jill, if the early model flying cloud doesn't have what you want, don't buy it.  Knowi! ! ng what I know now, and after working to get our Tradewind ready for the season, I would highly recommend that same unit for what you want it for.  And there are plenty of them around if you are patient.  Just my opinion.

Robert