[VAC] Re: 59k -A picture says a thousand words

Where did the 50k come from? Did someone try out
cameras and software to see what they put out?  My
camera is a 3 meg Sony. I don't know what the first
generation digital camera put out.  Maybe the
standards came from them.  But if many people have a
camera that puts out a min of 59k, what is the harm in
raising it to the minimum output of a camera, say 60k,
so for 10k more a picture wouldn't have to be edited.
I do not see many pics here, maybe this is the reason.
 I do not want to "edit" a picture.