[VAC] Re: Welcome back Jim

Dan,
 Thanks for the welcome! I had unsubscribed from both Lists because of
the uncertainty of Email connections while on the road. We'd sometimes
go 2 or 3 days w/o a connection; OTOH: we stayed at a C.G. with a phone
line right at the site. For 4 nights, at $2.00/night extra for the phone
line.

Phone connections were quite spotty: Other than the C.G. mentioned
above, some had a line that you could use for a quicky send/receive of
email, most state parks had NO connections, we used friend's phone lines
(including Hunter's), or we used the connections at truck stops. We
bought a Truck Stop Guide for this purpose, but you must bear in mind
that most truck stops allow calls ONLY to a 1-800 number, even if it's a
local call to your ISP. We had signed up for Earthlink before leaving,
including access to their 1-800 dialin number, so it wasn't a big deal
for us.

We visited Hunter and had lunch with our own Bill Scott while travelling
through. Actually, a prime purpose of the trip was to visit Cyber
Friends.

And yes, I sold the p/u.

                                   <<Jim>>