[VAC] twin bed conversion

I decided to type this up for all to see., because I had some ask. We have a 67 29ft ambassador with a twin bed on each side with a bathroom in the rear.  The mattress sits in a recessed area.  We first put a piece of plywood in the recessed area that demension to come up to level. Then you do that to the other side.  You then need 2 more pieces of plywood cut the inside demension on the one twin.  You then put 3or 4 hinges or a piano hinge to attach the two pieces together.  Makeing sure when folded back they lay completely flat. We then screwed the one top piece of plywood to the cheater piece of plywood that was laid in the recessed area.  When we travel we then lift the matress and fold back the hinged piece of plywood under the mattress.  It does not move then.  The mattress insert that makes up the difference is ( The thickness of the one mattress I divided into two pieces of heavy duty foam which I bought at a reupholstry store and I recovered them.  I then lay them together to make up the thickness.  We slide the two mattresses together and put these two pieces, one on top of the other, at one end. When  the bed is folded, I placed a small piece of velcro at each end at the top of these cushions which fastens under the window on each side. It then makes each twin a couch, with a aback.)  We have used it this way for 4 years and love the big bed!!!
Throught the day I slide the mattress over and fold the piece of plywood up at 90 degree. I screwed an eye from a hook and eye onto one end of the plywood and used a elastic car cord with a hook on each end to hook it up through the day. We can then use the bathroom fine and the one twin bed is still available for naps.  The drawback is you have to make the bed up everynight. We lived in our trailer for 6 months full time.  It was one of the most enjoyable times Ive had .   Linda