[VAC] Re: Polishers

Hey Dean,
My son bought me a Makita variable speed, and it is very light.   At
first , I didn't like the hook and loop pads, but later, I got to like
them, because of the ease of use, and easy to change.  You can buy those
spare pads at local auto paint supply stores.  You will need about 6 of
those pads, and then wash them out frequently.  Changing the pads, and
keeping them clean, plus using a good polish will make it much easier.
Remove the clear coat first, or you're butting your head against a wall.
Using the more course polish first then using the fine polish to do the
final mirror shine is the way to do it.  Either the DeWalt or the Makita
is good, IMHO , I like the Makita because it is so light.  Good Luck.

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman
Washington DC Unit,  WBCCI   #3221
Our Homepage;  http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/