[VAC] EBAY Trailers

Hey Gang,
    I've been keeping track of recent offerings on the Ebay auction list
"Airstream". In the past 10 days, 6 vintage trailers have been offered for
sale. There was not one bid for these trailers above $2300. Two of the six
sold for under $1800 including a '53 Custom. the balance did not meet the
reserve price. These trailers with pictures appeared to be in the same
condition as trailers offered last summer for $4000 plus. I have to believe
this is a seasonal low. At the same time, I cannot believe the asking prices
of some of the Vintage offerings in our own classifieds section of the
website. Has anyone out there recently (last 2 years) purchased a restored
or renovated Vintage unit for more than $6000? Please email me off list so I
can compile this info and report back the anonymous findings. I would like
to get some idea of where the market is headed, so we can advise our members
and newbies what to expect in the way of costs.
Thanks in advance for your participation.

WAM