[VAC] Re: Street side sofa bed

Hey Robert,

Two ideas:

Go to Billy Pollard's place in Jackson, Mississippi and ask him to help you find the original
equipment. They are out in the quonset hut type buildings where he keeps spare parts. I've rummaged
around in those buildings before. If for no other reason, going to him is an education in itself.

Second, follow the dealer's recommendation. The difference between the two is minor (functionally),
but not the same literally. You are smart, use components that will work in this situation. Try to
figure out something using what you have (with slight variations).

Thirdly (and you didn't ask for this), get creative, search Home Depot in the "drawer's department"
or the like and come up with something to do the job with finesse. In our case, I used a wider piece
of plywood and the overlap took care of my problem. Each Airstream is a little different.  What will
work for you may be exactly what you create.

Fourth, look at every old Airstream you can find. Take your polaroid camera with you. There are as
many solutions as pictures in a cartridge of film. More than one of my solutions are a copy or
adaptation of something I photographed (not always in an Airstream).

No one said restoring was easy,

Terry
1963 22' Flying Cloud
1967 22' Safari