[VAC] Weight Distributing Hitch

Doug & Kris,

I think the primary purpose of an equalizing hitch is to distribute weight
from the rear wheels of the tow vehicle forward to the front wheels of the
tow vehicle and rearward to the trailer wheels to prevent rear end sag and
overloading of the tow vehicle.  Secondarily, distributing the weight
probably enhances towing stability.  With a one ton dually tow vehicle I
doubt that you need to give either very much consideration.  Try it and see
how it performs.  I don't think your trailer will present much of a safety
threat or challenge to the big Dodge because the truck has tremendous
reserve weight carrying ability and stability and clearly outweighs the
trailer by a couple of thousand pounds.  You might want to try a friction
sleeve sway control if you sense any trailer sway caused by overtaking
trucks or side winds.

Enjoy your trailer.
Harvey