[VAC] Novice Argosy Owners

Hi folks,
    Kris and I are the new owners of a '73 Argosy. We're excited about
the potential of this new aquisition, but are somewhat anxious at the
same time. Here are our details, and our reservations, and we would
really like to hear your input!
1. It's a 1973 24 foot argosy in original condition; except that the
carpet has been recently replaced.

2. To pull it we have a 1996 1 ton, 2 wheel drive, standard cab, diesel
Dodge dually with a tow package

3.We do not have an equalizer hitch.

Our biggest questions/fears are:
Do we need an equalizer hitch since the Dodge doesn't seem to squat at
all when we attach the Agrees?
What is the dry hitch weight of the Agrees?
What is the dry total weight of the Agrees?
Is the Agrees forgiving, or is it prone to fishtailing?
None of the above questions were addressed in the original owners manual
that came with the unit.
We haven't taken it out on the freeway yet; just around the
neighborhood, but we're hoping to head south from Salt Lake City in the
next couple of days to escape the cold, and would really appreciate any
info that any of you might share with us.
                            Thanks, Doug and Kris Pellom