[VAC] Re: Fridges: RM2332, N300 / fridge ventilation

Bob,
I have not been closely following this topic, but perhaps I could shed a
little light here. My trailer is from 1960. It, like yours has the refrig
vent in the wall. The air intake was through a grill on the front bottom of
the refrig (it used air from inside the trailer). Not one of the industries
best designs, but that was how they were made back then. When we were forced
to have the frig replaced about 10 years ago, they added new venting to "get
it up to code". This consisted of the molded part that you see on top of the
more modern refrig units, a new vent opening on the top of the trailer, and
cutting an opening in the access door for the refrig and installing louvers
on this door. Yellowjackets got into the refrig access area through the new
louvers and built a nest, so I have added screening attached to the inside
of the louvers to keep them out. The refrig no longer uses "interior" air.
With these changes in the venting the refrig will easily freeze milk if
someone adjusts the temperature control. I definitely do not need to install
a fan to help things.

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander