[VAC] Sway Control

I've had my '71 Globe Trotter for many years. It has an old equalizer hitch
that is not a Reese (it's a "Book", I believe). It has no sway control. I've
never really felt that I missed sway control since the trailer seems to stay
where it's supposed to. Passing trucks on the Interstate are just barely
noticeable. Everything seemed fine ...until I got the '63 Globe Trotter. The
'63 has a Reese Dual Cam  sway control hitch. With this set up, I don't feel
passing trucks at all and the rig feels more solid on curves. The '63 is
about 700 pounds lighter, which could be a factor here. The extra weight of
the '71 seems to make the rig oversteer (makes the rear end of the car swing
out) on a curve if you take it too fast. That makes the '71 feel much
heavier and cumbersome than the '63.
    My question is:  Will a friction type sway control  improve the feel of
the '71 GT or would I have to get a dual cam set-up to do that?  Will sway
control help that oversteer feeling?   The '71 has an attachment point for a
friction sway control already on it ...I've never had the sway controller,
however.    It's too bad I can't use the same hitch for both trailers, but
the '63 takes a 2 inch ball and the '71 takes a 2 5/16.

MARC WEIMER
Punxsutawney, PA
#15767
1963 Globe Trotter