[VAC] Re: Wally Byam PM article wanted

Doug Rowbottom wrote:

> The picture in the Airstream book by Burkhart and Hunt
> on page 61 is from a 2 part article that was in
> Popular Mechanics, Dec 1936 and Jan 1937.
>
> It is the exact same picture but no plans are given.

The same as the picture I posted, or the picture in the book is the
picture from the Dec/Jan 36/37 article?

> The story is titled "Hitch Your Wagon To A Car" by
> H.W.Magee.

I noticed that article in the index but didn't see anything significant
to me in it when I glanced at it.

> The story is about how popular trailers have become,
> no mention of brands but lots of interesting pictures.
> They say prices were as high as $18,000, must have
> been lots in 1937.

A Henry Ford custom and hand made trailer could easily have cost that
much. And Henry would have loved to use it with little concern for the
cost. He might (and I believe he did) take US presidents on his trips.