[VAC] Re: Wally Byam PM article wanted

If that '36 PM sequence wasn't the one referenced in that book, them I'm
ready to claim its a myth that Wally Byam published in a POPULAR
magazine because the popular magazines of the era were indexed in
Reader's Guide. Though I might have glossed over a reference to some
other magazine than Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, or Mechanix
Illustrated. The heading in that era Reader's Guide is "Automotive
Trailers." Other headings like camping trailer, or trailer have no
entries and refer to Automotive Trailers.

Since the Reader's Guides are relatively readily available (both local
libraries had them back to the 1890s), I'd say that a book author
chasing down a rumor SHOULD have already located the plans.

The only argument I can give for this being a WB design is that its more
rounded than some of the contemporary generic plans, especially at the
bottom front. But if the whole article sequence has no author admitted,
there can't be any way to know who's design it was.

I left both libraries with book requests on other topics so I will be
visiting them another day. If there are more hints on areas to search,
the ISU library has a room full of periodical indices.

Gerald J.