[VAC] Re: Wally Byam PM article wanted

I did a search through Reader's Guide to Periodical Literature which
included Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, and Mechanix Illustrated
from the year 1932 to 1937.

I found one article in Popular Science in 1937 attributed to George M.
Clark. I found a sequence of articles with plans in Popular Mechanics
running from February to April 1936. The citation would be: Popular
Mechanics 65:284-8, 445-9, 604-608. I wan unable to see most of the
pages because they'd been ripped from the magazine though I did get a
copy of the first page of the second part which shows the overall view
and a isometric of the internal body structure. The article pieces I've
seen were not attributed to any author but I didn't find the beginning
of the article. The ISU library has the magazine on microfilm, but I
wasn't up to digging through the microfilm. I've attached a scan of the
page I copied.

The second part suggested that the covering be 1/8" hardboard and that
if the joints are made flush and filled, it can be painted with auto
body paint.

Working with the citation above, any reference librarian should be able
to find a set of copies by interlibrary loan.

Gerald J.