[VAC] Roof vents/skylights on 57 Caravanner and 63 Tradewind

I have a 57 Caravanner that has a complete front vent cap made or course
fiber glass resin and cloth. Is this original, were they made from fiber
glass?

The reason I ask is because it is getting very thin and brittle. I've made
mold for plastics at a job I had years ago. I was giving some thought to
making a mold from it so I could make a copy to replace the one on may
Caravanner and the missing one on my 63 Tradewind.

Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks,

John C
58/22' AirStream