[VAC] Re: WBCCI MEMBERSHIP

Pearl, what is IBT? I'm not familiar with that designation. I ask because
I spent the last 10 years running a 17,000 member non profit whose
financials were prepared every month by a CPA. We were selected for
a random audit by the IRS and got a clean bill of health. I never heard of
limitations on gifts to non profits and I have been involved with several.

What I remember (a risky proposition at best) was that about the time the
food company took over the Airstream Company they decided to cut way back
on their financial support and the WBCCI was forced to become self
sufficient financially. This would have been around the mid 1980s. It was
a business decision and had nothing to do with the IRS according to the
Airstream announcement at the time. The IBT may have been a later
development.

Jim Greene
'68 Tradewind