[VAC] Fair Price

Hi chuman99@hotmail.com

In your note, you asked:

>> Hello All, I would like some advice on purchasing an early to mid
>> 60's Overlander.  What is a fair price to pay for one? Are there many
>> availible? Please advise, any comments, tips, problems to lookout for
>> is helpful.  Thank You All

Harvey Barlow answered with a list he called: "some helpful words of wisdom" (see below).

If I were you, I'd take that list and use it to determine the condition of each component. It won't
take you much effort with Tom Patterson's website using the "search" feature to determine what you
will need to know, so you can evaluate each component. From there, a simple review of any RV parts
catalog will tell you the replacement or estimated repair cost (half of the replacement cost) of
each component you identified.

Once you have that data, subtract it from the asking price and that will probably be what you can
fairly offer for the Airstream. After you have done that a dozen times and have frightened off every
seller, you'll have an excellent grasp of what's a fair price.

Bottom line is you'll end up spending more than you anticipated for what will become a fine
restoration project. And - don't under estimate this - you'll be extremely confident that you paid a
fair price and received an honest value.

Take your time, systematically persist with your homework and it'll pay off royally for you,

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net
1963 22' Airstream Flying Cloud
1967 22' Airstream Safari