[VAC] Paint

     I am buying a 1966 Streamline Travel Home, and will be picking it up
next week.  The looks are along the lines of the 1965 Streamline trailer
that I currently own.  The coach originally had a shiny aluminum skin, but
one of the prior owners had much of the surface painted by an aircraft
refinishing company so that it now kind of looks like an Amtrack train.
This might have been cool back in the '70's, but I would prefer the original
finish, and would like to remove the paint, if possible.
     Has anyone had experience removing paint from the original aluminum
finish?  I have not seen the skin up close, so don't know what has been done
to get the paint to stick.  Will I run into any problems in that area that
will prevent me from polishing the skin ?

-Tom