[VAC] Re: Steve's '54 Safari

There's no way to determine from the older (pre 1959) serial numbers the
date made.  The only readily deduced info from the the O-6047 number is
that it was from pre 1959 (4 digit #) and it was made in Ohio (the
"O-").

>From there it is strictly from my database collected from many sources.
In this case, it was from some hand copied Airstream production records
(thanks Charlie), verified against spotty industry records (1959 OMHMR)
and the VAC registration records.

Eventually this database will be on the VAC Member section of the
website as soon as I fill some of the missing gaps (1950's 18 footers
and the '49-'53 "Clipper" are examples).  I also want  to compare notes
with Bud Coopers' database he created from his mailed-in VAC surveys.

Unfortunately until then it's in the hands of a 36 page Microsoft  EXCEL
database and Karnack the Great....
RJ