[VAC] Re: Radiant flooring

I had planned on either a sand filled concrete block wall with suitable facade
of field stone, or a water barrel setup. I don't much like the idea of the water
barrel setup, but there may be a hybrid option that uses both, I still need to
do more research before then, much less, complete the house addition.

> And sloping or flat glass on the roof will leak
> (whether or not it overheats).

Pessimist. Since I'm not planning on having this enclosure open to the confines
of the home, doors and windows will remain. I'm not to worried about leaking,
which being an optimist, I don't think will materialize. The roof slope will be
12/12 and go almost all the way don to ground at that slope and about 30 feet
out from the house.

I can see in the future, telling the number one son to go in the other room and
cut the grass in mid January up here in Wisconsin.

> A trombe wall on the house side often
> works well, doesn't make the glass enclosed space liveable but a foot of
> stone, brick, or concreted takes 6 or 8 hours for the heat to travel
> from the sun side to the room side so is an effective storage wall for
> storing daytime solar heat for night time use.

If I go with the sand filled concrete block wall I was thinking about running
some tubing for collecting and radiating the heat elsewhere in the structure.

> Somehow I don't think a
> solid stone wall on my south view makes the place more liveable, even if
> it does improve the heating.

I'll come up with something inventive.

> The ground water source heat pumps are most effective.

The Oil fired boiler that I'm currently installing will eventually be just the
back up to a ground source heat pump that I'm saving up for. The block wall will
heat the pool that will be under glass on the south side of the house, remember
about the leaking. To tell the truth I'm more worried about condensation than
anything.

I'm also planning on the glass structure going around on the east side to house
the Airstream during the winter in a controlled environment.

bobb