[VAC] Univolt & 12V/120v

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions that someone may have already figured out. I
have recently restored a 1973 Safari except for the electricial system. The
old Univolt works great(but humms louldly). 1/ Should I replace it when I
install solar and 3 new gel batteries? The best fit for the space available
is a 125 watt panel from the folks in AZ. We hope to be self sufficient as
we plan to boondock alot. 2/ Also.....is it better(more efficient)to use a
12v DC color tv vs. a regular 120v AC unit? Seems there would be some loss
in the inverter but is it enough to justify the cost difference of the tv's
and the lost energy? I recently installed one of the Olympian catalytic
heaters and it is great. I can forsee its use alot on cool/cold nights.
Great insight in this group....I think this comes from being doers and not
spectators. Thanks!

                                                     1973 Safari