[VAC] Re: Aluminum Honeycomb

Modern aircraft floor boards use a composite panel made up of a Nomex
fiber honeycomb material sandwiched between two pieces of
fiberglass/phenolic and bonded together under heat & pressure.  Able to
take thousands of people stomping across it in addition to the stuctural loads.

I was just up at Boeing in Everett this week and swung by the surplus
store.  Quite a bit of surplus, blem's & odd sizes to choose from.  Even
if I had to pay full price ($5-$7/sqft for commercial grade) from a
local supplier, it would make sense on a frame off restoration.  If
someone is going to that much trouble, a few hundred extra dollars is nothing.

The Boeing surplus store is at 20651 84th Avenue S., Kent, WA 98032
(206) 393-4065.  Worth the trip.

RJ