[VAC] Re: towing

Daisy,

According to the Toyota web site, the tow capacity of a new 4Runner is
5000 pounds.  My '75 31 footer is GVWR at 7100.  If my memory serves me
the rule of thumb was somewhere slightly in excess of 400-425 pounds per
foot which would put a 29' slightly over 6000# gross, probably around
4500 to 4800 dry.  With your tow vehicle that means no food, no water
and probably no hills.

I really think you are right out on the fine edge of disaster with that
combo.  Look closer at the numbers, and you may look a little better,
but I would be surprised if it works out.

Good luck with the Airstream.

Matt