[VAC] Ductwork question

I noticed a very low airflow from the rear heating duct in my '75 center
twin Argosy 26. Pulled the curbside twin out for a look-see. Found two
2-inch flexible duct pipes running from the back of that sheet metal heating
duct and then down through the plywood floor to who knows where. The twin
had been taken out before, and this could have been a later modification. I
assume the ducts lead aft to keep the tanks from freezing, but I may be
wrong. This trailer spent a lot of time in MN, and might have been so
modified for that reason. Anyone else seen a setup like this? Was it stock?
I'm going to disconnect the flex ducts and seal the holes with duct tape (so
it can be reversed later). My tanks are winterized, and I don't use them,
and want all the efficiency I can get from my suburban furnace, even if I do
only use it for morning initial warm-ups. Thanks in advance for any help!

Dan Weeks
75 Argosy 26