[VAC] Re: '48 A/S for sale

Just for price comparison, the trailer in the attached photo was listed for
sale on RV Trader last August for $10,000.  I don't remember the ad details,
but I believe it was described as a "project for restoration."  Although the
ad didn't give the model name, it looks like a Bubble to me.  It was
described as a '56 model and was located in California.

(If the attachment doesn't make it through the mail filter, let me know and
I'll try posting it on my web site).

I fell in love with this trailer from seeing the photo, and I probably would
have been willing to pay $5,000 for it, but I thought $10K was too much for
this trailer in the advertised condition.  If it had been another model in
that condition, I might have hesitated to pay even $2,000.  On the other
hand, if I were one of those movie stars that presumably are the Iowa Boys'
prime customers, I probably would have gladly paid full price and spent
another $5-10K having it "professionally" restored.   As others have pointed
out, it's a combination of how much someone is willing to pay, and can
afford, on any given day.

By the way, I wonder if it sold, and for how much.  Maybe someone on the
list bought it?  Maybe it will turn up for sale again in restored condition
for twice the price...

Don

56 Bubble