[VAC] Re: '48 A/S for sale

You know Toby, an Airstream is worth what someone is willing to
pay.  Personally I know we paid more for our Caravel than most of you would
think was reasonable, but I was buying more than a trailer in my mind.  I
missed out on my grandparent's trailer and was trying to fill it's place,
so I was picky, picky, picky.  When I found it I was happy to pay the price
(as long as I could afford it).  Also, my in-laws just got a new (one year
old) Airstream which I was thoroughly prepared to be lukewarm about
(especially considering the price), but now can see the value of a new
trailer as well.  Then, to compound matters, I saw the refurbished trailer
that Powell & Bonnell did on the VAC classifieds list and fell in
love.  Once again, I'm not sure that for some of us the "bluebook" value
means much.  However, that said, I think that there probably ought to be
some sort of guidelines for cost that take into consideration condition,
age and the like.  I'm glad someone is thinking of putting something
together.
Jodi of J&J 1965 Caravel