[VAC] Re: New to a '64 Globetrotter

John:
	Go for it!  Go carefully!  Some times I think people want to marry a
tow vehicle rather than just buy one.  If it does not do the job you
want, you will know within the first 50 miles.  You will be able to
reuse the break control and the hitch ball/receiver  parts on what ever
you replace it with if you do replace it.  You will not loose any money
on the parts, they will transfer to any vehicle.  You may be out the
labor cost to install them.
	These new engines of today have much more power than their predecessors
of just a few years ago.  In the mid 70's, it took 400 cu in to make 200
Hp.  Today's engine do that kind of power in just over 1/2 the
displacement.
	You will have to resign your self that you are going to go up hills
slowly.  You will still pass tractor trailers.  If you gear down and go
up the hills at 30 mph instead on 60 mph, a 4 mile hill will take 2
extra minutes.
	What I mean to say is if you can wait a couple minutes, you may be able
to save yourself $10,000.
bill
25 ft Trade Wind in WV
pulled by a V6 Ford