[VAC] Re: (VAC) Deadbolts

I must be a little older then you as I remember where the suicide door got
it name, in fact my parents used to worry about me because of it.

On older cars pre 1940, most rear doors on a 4 door sedan opened from the
front to the back. The problem was due to the layout of cars back then, when
a adult or kid wanted to open the back door they had to stand up and lean
forward and open the door. Needless to say, if the car was moving, the door
would slam open, pulling the adult or child out of the car, hence, suicide!
Many companies made all sorts of locking gizmos that in one way or another
would not let the rear door open unless the front door was open. Caused many
nights worry for parents whose kids rode in the back seat. My parents took
the back door handles off so I wouldn't get out.