[VAC] Re: Door Seal Problems

Actually, this problem is more common than one might think. It sounds like the
door has been slammed open either while cruising down the road (always lock your
door before traveling) or by an overly enthusiastic visitor. Anyway the door has
been bent straight. The fix is to bend it back in to a curve that fits. By
applying outward pressure at the latch and pulling in at either the top or
bottom the door can be bent back into shape. At some point it may be necessary
to pull in at the top and bottom at the same time while pushing out at the
latch. Experiment, it won't hurt it. One word of caution. Make sure all the door
skin rivets are in place or you can pop the skin out of the door frame.
As a large person working at an Airstream dealership I have been called on many
times. Even had to tweak the door of our '75 Argosy 22' when we got it.

Charlie