[VAC] Bearing buddies

When I was involved with boats and trailers we used to recommend that the
dust  be  covers replaced with bearing buddies these are covers with grease
fittings so one can perodicaly use a grease gun and give them a shot of
grease. for boats the ida was toforce out any water that had intered past the
seal. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughtson this subject. I am
thinking of useing them as we will be trailering10k in Oct Nov and Dec.
JIM SMITH