Re: [VAC] 75 Argosy Air-Conditioner Question

Elisa,
 R12 is commonly used in Automotive and some older, larger A/C units.
The old Fridigair outfit that cools my shop uses R12; it even had a
belt-drive compressor. R22 is much more common in hermetic units like
your A/C.

Who told you that it needed R12?

FWIW: R12 is hard to get and VERY expensive. Before the Hole in the
Ozone scare, it was less than $50.00 for a 30# bottle; last I heard, it
was up to $600.00 or maybe more.

                                     <<Jim>>