[VAC] Mirror Caravel and Henschen Axle

Hey RJ and Krista,   very nice job!!  Your 65 Caravel is almost exactly
like a 64 Bambi II.  Its funny, at Bismarck this past June,  a 64 Bambi
II, won Best Bambi, a 66 Caravel, won Best 60's and Shiniest Trailer,
and a 66 Caravel won Best of Show.  Your's looks so good, I hope you can
come to a Rally soon.   BTW, it looks so much nicer, without that awful,
and ugly AC box up on top.   You two have done a fine job.

If you want to get your axle rebuilt, the Henschen factory is in Jackson
Center, about one mile from the Airstream factory. They are the only
ones that can rebuild the axle.  They take out the old "dead" rubber
billets, and put in new ones.  The new ones are super cooled so they
shrink, then they are pressed into the tube and the spindles are
reattached.  I think the new rubber will improve your "ride"
substantially.  Your point of contact at Henschen should be Jim
Kitzmiller at ;
(937) 596-6125-X-102 .  He can fill you in about cost, time, etc.

Good Luck on your trip to Oregon.  Don't scorch any grass, with the
reflection, and tell us if the shiney surface, helps to keep the
interior cooler.

PS,  We would welcome you to join the WDCU, you would be our first
Northern California members

Bill Scott
61 Bambi, VAC & WBCCI #3221
1VP & Membership Chairman , WDCU