Re: [VAC] Newbie

In the "Good Old Days' they told us to allow 24 hrs for the frig to cool
down.  In other word, light it 24 hrs before using it.

I still have the original Dometic in my '61 Bambi.  It also needed a new
ceramic burner that was not available.  About 10 years ago I located a
refrigeration man near Albany OR that installed a new burner and
calibrated it to the box. It has worked perfectly ever since.  While it
was out of the trailer I lined the area with 1inch thick styrofoam.
Don't know if it did any good but the frig has been very efficient since
that time.  The back service door has a sign that says"Leave this door
open in hot weather"  I have also installed a computer fan ($3 at flea
market) Wired it to a switch just below the stove and so turn it on
manually. During the hot weather this summer everything was very
satisfactory.  Just remember that the ammonia type does not respond as
quickly as the compressor type.

Kathy