[VAC] Colman AC

I had written about this provlem a few weeks back and triedthe cures
suggested. My ac will run about an hour when first turned on than it throws a
breaker. If I restary it it well throw the breaker in aminute or so. An
appliance told me if the unit is 5-10 years old just throw it away. This
trailer has not been used much in the last few years . My question is should
this weare out just sitting . With my luck I am Sure I will have to buy a new
unit If I continue to use this trailer a couple of month each year will I
have to expect the thing to fail in 5-10 years?
JIM SMITH 1965 Tradewind