[VAC] Towing, hitches, safety

I am glad to see  everyone concerned about this issue,
One thing I would like to say about this subject is this. You can have the
biggest most powerful engine, the best suspension, the best hitch, four
wheel drive etc. etc. In the end, speed and poor judgment will put in
harm's way.
as a  volunteer firefighter I have seen my share of MVC's The vast majority
are caused
by just plain going to fast. Sometimes to fast is 10 MPH. Rain, wet leaves,
oil film etc etc can all have a huge negative effect on control and
stopping distance. All those thousands of pounds are controlled by a few
square inches of hard rubber on smooth asphalt or concrete. I figure the
best set-up on the best vehicle will not save a poor driver. as well as the
best driver can not save a poor set up. If you believe in taking chances
that is your business but when you take to the public highways you are
forcing everyone else to assume whatever risk you take.
Remember there is a difference between 'can' and  'should' just ask all the
people who we pull out of there SUV's during the few snowstorms we have each
year.