Re: RE: [VAC] Looking for Airstream Bambi

Judy,

The layout you mention, a 3/4 bed in the stern corner, is used in the new
Bambis made in the last 2-3 years, which are 19-ft as opposed to the original
16-ft size.  I've also seen this layout in 18-ft Pacers from the late
50s-early 60s.  It may also have been used in Wanderers and similar 18-ft
models, but I'm not sure about that.

One problem with the late model Bambis is that they're heavy--nearly 4,000
lbs.  By comparision, the original Bambis were about 1600 lbs, and I'd guess
that most vintage 18-19 foot models fall into the 2200-2800 lb. range.

Don