RE: [VAC] Looking to purchase 1968 - $5k high or low?

That's a coincidence, my wife and I purchased a '68 Safari about 3 months ago
and we also have a Globetrotter.  The Safari needed quite a bit of work, some
windows and cranks needed to be replaced, it had bare floors, no gouchos, and
no LP tanks, but the body is pretty straight and the price was right at
$1500.00.  We have used the Globetrotter goucho parts as a pattern and built
new gouchos which look great, and we're replacing the interior walls with
nice quality plywood with a Mahogany veneer.  I have to say I'm surprised at
how well it's turning out.  Here is a price breakdown:

1)  Replace rear lower pan $600.00 and two windows
2)  Interior wood, bulbs, linoleum, carpet, wood trim etc. $300.00
3)  7 gallon LP tanks $140.00
4)  Additional window hardware $100.00

So it looks like I'm into it for around 2700.00, but I haven't checked the
breaks yet, the air conditioner has a noisy fan and it still needs to be
re-sealed.  So, I'm guessing when all is said and done, we'll have about
$3000.00 into the trailer.

If a person can find a good sound trailer, and is willing to do most of the
work, you can restore them for a moderate price.  It really helps to have a
complete trailer from which you can leverage patterns and a vision.

David