Re: [VAC] Electric hitch jack

Hey Polly,

Everyone should be ready to use your system.
Sooner or later, electric jacks crump out
for one reason of the other. It may be so
simple as a stripped gear ($30 for new one)
or the engine dies a final death (big bucks
for a new one).

Each of our electric jacks has a special
handle that can be inserted and used to
raise or lower the tongue, but how it is
accessed is different on each of them.

An ordinary 1930s bumper jack (worm gear type)
works in a pinch. It was especially convenient
when I backed downhill into a campsite and
couldn't get the front end up high enough
to release the hitch ball.

Polly, you brought up a good point. It does
pay to have redundancy for such times when
the things don't go according to plan.

Terry