Re: [VAC] Tambour Doors

Hi Roy,
One of the people repairing tambour doors was me!  I was able to peal off
the slats and reuse the material again. I set it up by clamping a straight
edge to both sides of the slats face down, applying contact cement, waiting
the appropriate time and, as in installing laminate, placing the material on
a couple of narrow boards till the it was properly aligned and pressing in
place. I was careful to rub out all the bubbles and stuff. I then put weight
on top overnight.  When I installed them I made sure the circular track was
clean before using silicone to lube it.  They work much better than not at
all!
I did want to keep the old tambour if it could be repaired though.
Merry