Re: [VAC] Ready to pull the body ??? LONG

I hope you are realy farmilar with fiberglass. the domes are very thin they
were laid up weth a chopper gun( sprayed on mixof fiberglass anr polyester
resen a one shot deal the cheepest and poorese way to do the job) they are
very fragle thay will tare very eaisly.bear that in mind my advice is to
feave them in place when you lift the shell that is the saftest place to
store them . when you get the floor done lower the shell almost in place and
remove one end and slide it out of the way inside the trailer and than do the
necessary work behine it slide it back do the same on the other end .If you
have to remove them to get at the floor than that is another story.
when you replace the flood my advice is to coat boyh sides of the plywood
with epoxy laminating resin the (the thin stuff ) paying very close attention
to the edges( if Airstream had done that you would not have to be doing this
job) Make sure it is Epoxy resin.DO NOT use polyester.
Jim Smith ( former boat builder.