FW: [VAC] SUV"s for towing

I am pulling a 67 tradewind (24") with an explorer.  I know this list thinks
it is not enough, but I can't swing a new vehicle just yet.  I have only
pulled the trailer a short distance and am amazed at how easy it pulls.  I
will take my first longer trip this weekend and am anxious to see how it
goes.  It only has a V-6, in 96 they did not offer a v-8 on the Eddie Baurer
Explorer.  I would imagine the larger engine would be a plus.  If purchasing
a tow vehicle I would go for a longer wheelbase.  I will know better after a
1000 mile road trip this weekend.

Don Jackson