Re: [VAC] Vintage Newbie with a "Pipe Dream"

Jim,

I am the proud owner of a 1947 20' airstream and would like very much to see
photos of your find. Would share some of mine with you if you like. The
biggest problem I had with mine was when the running gear broke loose from
the light aluminum channel which, I believe consisted of two chanels rivited
back to back to the front and rear of the axel. I replaced the front and
back members with 1/4 to 3/8s aluminum chanel which I notched to fit over
the tubular center support. I reinforced that notch by bolting the lower
cutout section back after it was over the tube. Anyway I'd sure like to know
what the interior of yours looks like and see any photos.

Joe