[VAC] Vintage Newbie with a "Pipe Dream"

Hi all!
     I've been pestering the folks over at the regular AS list, thinking I
was on the vintage list. My names is James Hall and I hail from Springfield
Ohio, with my wife (the children are grown) I am currently suffering a bad
case of "Airstream Fever", and hope to maybe fulltime when we retire.
     I was asking the nice people over at the other list about an old "pipe
frame" trailer, I found it in the vintage want ads (for sale for a song) and
I am just crazy enough to want to undertake such a project, The seller sent
me lots of pictures which I would be happy to e-mail anyone who is
interested.
    I have no problem with woodworking, electrical, plumbing or gas piping,
having done work in that field most of my life, what concerns me is the
metal frame and the work involved in that.
    This trailer is a 21' single axle, '49 or '50 vintage and is rough
although the shell looks pretty good except one spot around the wheel well.
Ant advice/ feedback would be helpful. Thanks James