[VAC] mirror shine?

I"m trying to polish my 1968 Tradewind Landyacht.  (24') So far I've been successful in removing the laquer as suggested in the owner's manual.  Yesterday I began to try to polish it using Met-all, again as suggested in the owner's manual.  I have redone a practice spot at least 5 times and I still can not get a mirror finish.  I am using the flour like they suggested in the manual and on the can of Met-all.  What am I doing wrong?  I cleaned the skin with a clean laquer soaked rag before I began to polish.  Thanks in advance. Susie