Re: [VAC] Vista Vues

Hi Eric,

Think long and hard on this one. I could
not bring myself to remove the vista vue
windows and try to repair them nor could
I bring myself to break the interior pane.
I've seen the results of the break out
method and was aghast at how primitive it
looked. Maybe it can be done so it's
aesthetically pleasing to look at afterwards.
I'd want to see one first and talk to the
person who actually did it.

The route I took was to use a cloudy colored
magnetic film, cut to size and inserted on
the inside. Each of us is different, I know.
But to me, the vista view windows look like
a diffuse light source (a la sky light with
opaque plastic).Visitors don't notice the
flaw unless I call attention to it (or
maybe they are just being polite). Sometimes
I draw down the shades when I suspect a
visitor may be unkindly critical. There is
no benefit to subjecting myself to talk
on features I'm already displeased with.

For me, it was and is more important to
maintain the integrity of those windows as
water tight and having a heat retaining
quality. We are often in cold weather and
sometimes in hot weather (using a/c). I'm
very reluctant to degrade anything that
relates to creature comforts.

If I was really, really bent out of shape
by the cloudy appearance, I'd begin an
intense quest to replace them. This would
include hounding the boneyards in the
southwest desert and becoming aware of
an actual person who did the job successfully.
I'd either pick his brain or hire him.

Terry